Homemade pizzas are the way to go! Honestly, I haven’t ordered a takeout pizza in quite a while. Homemade pizza just tastes better to me and they’re fun to make! I also love that homemade pizza allows you to control the pizza’s nutrition profile, use up lingering produce that’s going bad, and clear the fridge of leftovers.
I am guilty of produce neglect, which is how this recipe came to be. Sometimes my eyes are just bigger than my stomach when I’m at the grocery store or I’m in la-la land with the belief that there’s more than 24 hours to a day. I have these big plans of cooking religiously and then life gets busy.
I called this a recipe, but really this isn’t a recipe. Its more like assembly instructions. This is super easy! I promise you won’t be disappointed with this flavor combination.
BBQ Chicken Mango Pizza
Pizza dough or crust
Seasoning Blend: Cajun, Southwest, or Caribbean (I used this)
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Cooked chicken breast, chopped
Red bell pepper, diced, sautéed
Fresh mango, medium chunks
*I did not use measurements. Top the pizza to your taste.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sauté diced red pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- Lightly flour counter or rolling surface. Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness. If using a pizza crust, skip the flouring step and place crust on baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Top the dough or crust with BBQ sauce. Then, sprinkle desired seasoning on top of the BBQ sauce layer.
- Sprinkle on a layer of cheese.
- Top the layer of cheese with the sautéed red bell pepper, mango, and chicken breast.
- Top with a final layer of cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes or follow baking time on package if using a pizza crust.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minimum of 5 minutes before cutting. Then EAT!
I hope you try it!
I tried this combo on a whim, but tell me…
What are some unique pizza toppings you’re cookin’ up in the kitchen?