I wish I could tell you that I’m on my way to a tropical location and faced with the dilemma of keeping busy due to a travel layover. This summer is all about the Staycation. I won’t be flying the friendly skies. I have to keep my finances in check for my pending graduate school and dietetic internship escapades. Well, using my imagination and today’s Daily Prompt, I believe that this list is a likely representation of how an RD2BE would handle 6 hours of terminal time without electronic devices.
10 Ways an RD2BE Beats Boredom in an Airport
- Read the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or Food & Nutrition Magazine
- Exercise – walking, body weight exercises & yoga
- Practice Motivational Interviewing techniques while conversing with fellow travelers
- Homework or Study
- Shop for a coffee mug or other food related souvenir
- Write a grocery list or meal plan
- Daydream about RD jobs
- Doodle your name 1,000 times with the RD credential e.g., Jane Doe, RD, LD
- Make up PES statements constructed around the people you watch
Looking at this list, I think I would be entertained.
How would you kill time in an airport?